Driver Education Behind-The-Wheel
- Students must bring a valid learner's permit to driving lessons.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled drive lesson. All cancellations will only be accepted by calling our office 303-680-9291 and leaving a voice mail as well as sending an email to: Info@affordabledrivingsch.com
- There is a $45 late cancellation and a $45 no-show fee. If you arrive without your learner's permit or driver's license, are impaired for any reason (lack of sleep, intoxication, medication, etc.), or wearing improper footwear, the lesson will be canceled and the fee will be applied.
All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If we do not receive a deposit/payment within 7 business days, your account will automatically deleted from the system.
You are entitled to a full refund minus a $75 administrative fee before the instruction is provided for any person that has a medical impairment along with a doctor's note stating that the driver cannot participate in any driving instruction. Affordable Driving School will issue a refund within 30 days of your request. You will not be eligible for a refund once instruction/teaching on any package has been received. All services must be completed within one year of enrollment. After one year, no refunds will be issued and services will be forfeited.
If you are purchasing a driver's license test please call us to check availability beforehand to make sure we can accommodate your needs. We only accept cash or CC for payment.
If you are purchasing a driving package not including classroom education, visit our resource page to submit the release waiver and policy sheet before your scheduled lesson. These forms must be turned in for us to drive with your child. Not submitting these forms will automatically disqualify your attendance for that scheduled lesson and we will assess a $45 late cancellation fee.
For classroom packages, you will receive a reminder email for you 24hrs before the scheduled class. Students must bring note-taking materials and a copy of their birth certificate.You are also required to apply for a pre-registration code. Please follow this link to get started: Pre-registration link
To qualify for residence pick-ups and drop-offs, you must reside within a 7-mile radius from whichever of our locations is closest to you.
Affordable Driving School has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol. If at the time of a driving lesson the instructor feels the student is under the influence of any drugs/alcohol, we will cancel the lesson and will contact the parent/guardian immediately. The account will be assessed a $45 late cancellation fee. Once paid in full, we will issue a certificate for any completed BTW hours. The student will be responsible for completing the remaining hours elsewhere. No refunds will be provided.
If weather conditions are poor, we will contact the phone number on file. No cancellation charge will be assessed.
If any of the following situations occur, we will assess a late fee of $45 and no further lessons may be scheduled until the fee is paid in full:
- If the student is more than 15 minutes late for a lesson
- If the student is a no show and/or we do not receive a cancellation call prior to 5 pm the previous business day
- If the student cannot provide their permit to the instructor at the time of their lesson
- We do not provide a certificate for those who complete only two or four hours of instruction.
For those who purchased six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, the following will apply:
- You must submit all waivers online. If you do not do this, we can not drive with your child and a late cancellation fee will be assessed.
- A total of three - two-hour drives must be completed within 1 year of the permit issuance date or the sign-up date, whichever is most recent. We recommend that students complete one lesson every three months and spread out their instruction.
- The student/parent is responsible for scheduling three, two-hour driving lessons. Only one drive may be scheduled at a time unless you have purchased the Accelerated option. We cannot make any guarantees that you will get your license on the day that your child is eligible.
- After completing all lessons, we will submit a six-hour certificate to the Department of Motor Vehicles. We will email you a copy of this for your records.